Self storage can help the residents of Rockford in different ways. You can use a self storage unit to store your furniture and other household goods while moving or remodeling. Also, a self storage unit can protect long-term various things that you don't use on daily basis, such as seasonal items, collectibles, vehicles, camping gear, and so on. Here are the main types of self storage in Rockford:
Non-climate-controlled units are among the most common type of units and Rockford is no exception. People typically store things such as plastic lawn furniture, kitchen items and gardening tools in this kind of unit. Many of them can be accessed by driving up to them. Some facilities also offer indoor units that require entering the facility building to access them. Smaller units, such as lockers, are also offered by storage facilities, providing storage for smaller objects.
Rent for a non-climate-controlled storage unit is about $108/month in Rockford.
If you're looking to store items that are sensitive to temperature and humidity such as appliances, furniture, documents and clothes, a climate-controlled unit is your go-to choice.
Rockford has 2 self storage facilities equipped with climate-controlled units.
The cost of a climate-controlled storage unit hovers around $144/month in Rockford.
Some of the common cases when self storage can help if you're a Rockford resident include:
Close to 797 people moved to Rockford in 2021, according to U.S. Census data, with Rockford boasting attractive employment opportunities and a great lifestyle. Rockford's total population now amounts to 6,131 people, representing a -2.84% change year-over-year.
Compared to 10 years ago, Rockford's population grew 7.37%.
Here's how the population of Rockford changed over the last 10 years:
Numbers are total population figures in Rockford, MI, as per the U.S. Census.
Keeping a home neat and tidy can be a difficult endeavor for many people in Rockford, depending on factors such as the size of their living space, the size of the family and their spending habits.
About 75% of Rockford's residents are homeowners and the rest (25%) are renters.
Whether you're a renter in a small apartment or living in a spacious house with your big family, storage space at home might not be enough. A self storage unit can keep items you're not using on daily basis, such as extra clothing and furniture, tools, baby items, sports equipment and more.
There’s a range of unit sizes in Rockford, MI. Rent a 5'x5' unit to hold some boxes, a 10'x10' for a bedroom’s contents, or a 10'x20' for a car. Find out more about the right unit size for your needs in our self storage unit size guide.
Are you looking to declutter your home and free up living space? You can now browse storage units near you that suit both your needs and your budget. StorageCafe listings include units of different sizes and prices and have a wide array of available amenities, so you don’t have to worry about your personal belongings. Here, you can easily look up storage facilities in your neighborhood or your ZIP code. Ideally, for easy access, you should try to find a unit within a 3-to-5-mile radius of your home. StorageCafe also makes it easy for you to explore storage listings in other cities, if you’re thinking about relocating, for example. Your perfect storage unit in Rockford, MI is now only a few clicks away!
The demographic data is from proprietary websites, Yardi Matrix and the 2021 American Community Survey (the latest U.S. Census Bureau release). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or completeness of information used for specific neighborhoods and/or ZIP Codes.
The following ZIP Codes are included in this demographic data: 49341.