Self storage can help the residents of Derby in different ways. You can use a self storage unit to store your furniture and other household goods while moving or remodeling. Also, a self storage unit can protect long-term various things that you don't use on daily basis, such as seasonal items, collectibles, vehicles, camping gear, and so on. Here are the main types of self storage in Derby:
Self storage units in Derby come in many shapes and sizes as they serve various needs. Non-climate-controlled units are the most common ones and they're usually situated outdoors. That means they often offer the perk of drive-up access. Most people store items such as patio furniture, kitchen items and gardening tools in non-climate-controlled units. You can also rent indoor units — the smaller ones are also known as lockers.
The cost of a non-climate-controlled storage stands at around $156/month in Derby.
Let's take a look at some of the cases when self storage can help if you live in Derby:
Derby is a dynamic, vibrant city, with about 12,387 residents, and there are more coming in. Around 975 people moved to Derby in 2021 alone, in order to make the most of the city's many opportunities, from employment to education and entertainment.
Compared to 10 years ago, Derby's population decreased 3.66%.
Here's how the population of Derby changed over the last 10 years:
Numbers are total population figures in Derby, CT, as per the U.S. Census.
However, moving to Derby, or even a local move within Derby, can be complicated – self storage helps with the logistics.
Rent a self storage unit close to your new home and use it to store your belongings, as you pack them, to reduce the volume of items to transport on moving day. You can keep your belongings in storage if you have small repairs and cleaning to do at your new home, until everything is done.
Keeping a home neat and tidy can be a difficult endeavor for many people in Derby, depending on factors such as the size of their living space, the size of the family and their spending habits.
About 64% of Derby's residents are homeowners and the rest (36%) are renters.
Whether you're a renter in a small apartment or living in a spacious house with your big family, storage space at home might not be enough. A self storage unit can keep items you're not using on daily basis, such as extra clothing and furniture, tools, baby items, sports equipment and more.
The average self storage price in Derby, CT is $199 per month for a 10'x10' storage unit. Rents for current listings start at $80 for smaller storage lockers and can rise to $309 for large unit sizes. Search for self storage in Derby, CT to find the ideal unit that suits your needs and budget.
Altogether, there are 8 storage units in Derby, CT in one storage facility currently listed on StorageCafe.
There’s a range of unit sizes in Derby, CT. Rent a 5'x5' unit to hold some boxes, a 10'x10' for a bedroom’s contents, or a 10'x20' for a car. Find out more about the right unit size for your needs in our self storage unit size guide.
You are more likely to find cheap storage away from the city center. Prices also differ depending on the size and amenities the facility offers. Self storage prices in Derby, CT start at $80 for storage units in the 06418 Zip Code. Make sure you also look out for discounts and special offers. For value-for-money rates, you can check out our cheap storage units in Derby, CT.
Most certainly. Stock can be stored there, and files can be kept safe in a climate-controlled unit. For storing raw materials and furniture, we recommend looking for a large size storage unit in Derby, CT.
Are you looking to declutter your home and free up living space? You can now browse storage units near you that suit both your needs and your budget. StorageCafe listings include units of different sizes and prices and have a wide array of available amenities, so you don’t have to worry about your personal belongings. Here, you can easily look up storage facilities in your neighborhood or your ZIP code. Ideally, for easy access, you should try to find a unit within a 3-to-5-mile radius of your home. StorageCafe also makes it easy for you to explore storage listings in other cities, if you’re thinking about relocating, for example. Your perfect storage unit in Derby, CT is now only a few clicks away!
The demographic data is from proprietary websites, Yardi Matrix and the 2021 American Community Survey (the latest U.S. Census Bureau release). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or completeness of information used for specific neighborhoods and/or ZIP Codes.
The following ZIP Codes are included in this demographic data: 06418.