If you're a Manhattan resident, self storage can assist you in various instances — whether you turn to renting a self storage unit for moving, downsizing or for keeping belongings away from home temporarily. Cars, RVs and other kinds of items are also routinely put in storage. Let's take a look at the popular types of self storage in Manhattan:
The standard storage unit is typically non-climate-controlled, and it can assist you in various ways. It is designed to hold items that are not sensitive to temperature and humidity fluctuations. Some of these items include plastic patio furniture, gardening tools and kitchen utensils. Moreover, non-climate-controlled units are often outdoor ones, which means they have drive-up access.
A non-climate-controlled storage unit rents for about $120/month in Manhattan.
Many families own vehicles they don't use daily – an extra car, a motorcycle or an ATV. Keeping these vehicles in your garage at home can create problems with space and access. There are about 373 homes in Manhattan with registered vehicles, which means that vehicle storage needs are complex, and there's a need for extra space.
Check out the 1 facility in Manhattan that is providing vehicle storage units where you can store your additional vehicles long-term or short-term, as needed.
A vehicle storage unit in Manhattan costs around $200 per month.
Self storage in Manhattan helps residents in many different ways and through various life events. Whether you are planning a move, or have too little storage space at home, the self storage market in Manhattan is available to pick up the slack.
Due to growing job opportunities and lifestyle options, Manhattan welcomed around 1,074 people in 2021, based on U.S. Census data. Currently, Manhattan's population hovers around 9,366 people, a 13.97% change year-over-year.
Compared to 10 years ago, Manhattan's population grew 45.07%.
Here's how the population of Manhattan changed over the last 10 years:
Numbers are total population figures in Manhattan, IL, as per the U.S. Census.
Keeping a home neat and tidy can be a difficult endeavor for many people in Manhattan, depending on factors such as the size of their living space, the size of the family and their spending habits.
About 86% of Manhattan's residents are homeowners and the rest (14%) are renters. The number of bedrooms most commonly found in a Manhattan home is 2.
Whether you're a renter in a small apartment or living in a spacious house with your big family, storage space at home might not be enough. A self storage unit can keep items you're not using on daily basis, such as extra clothing and furniture, tools, baby items, sports equipment and more.
The average self storage price in Manhattan, IL is $120 per month for a 10'x10' storage unit. Rents for current listings start at $70 for smaller storage lockers and can rise to $240 for large unit sizes. Search for self storage in Manhattan, IL to find the ideal unit that suits your needs and budget.
Altogether, there are 6 storage units in Manhattan, IL in a total of 2 storage facilities currently listed on StorageCafe.
There’s a range of unit sizes in Manhattan, IL. Rent a 5'x5' unit to hold some boxes, a 10'x10' for a bedroom’s contents, or a 10'x20' for a car. Find out more about the right unit size for your needs in our self storage unit size guide.
You are more likely to find cheap storage away from the city center. Prices also differ depending on the size and amenities the facility offers. Self storage prices in Manhattan, IL start at $70 for storage units in the 60442 Zip Code. Make sure you also look out for discounts and special offers. For value-for-money rates, you can check out our cheap storage units in Manhattan, IL.
Most certainly. Stock can be stored there, and files can be kept safe in a climate-controlled unit. For storing raw materials and furniture, we recommend looking for a large size storage unit in Manhattan, IL.
Are you looking to declutter your home and free up living space? You can now browse storage units near you that suit both your needs and your budget. StorageCafe listings include units of different sizes and prices and have a wide array of available amenities, so you don’t have to worry about your personal belongings. Here, you can easily look up storage facilities in your neighborhood or your ZIP code. Ideally, for easy access, you should try to find a unit within a 3-to-5-mile radius of your home. StorageCafe also makes it easy for you to explore storage listings in other cities, if you’re thinking about relocating, for example. Your perfect storage unit in Manhattan, IL is now only a few clicks away!
The demographic data is from proprietary websites, Yardi Matrix and the 2021 American Community Survey (the latest U.S. Census Bureau release). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or completeness of information used for specific neighborhoods and/or ZIP Codes.
The following ZIP Codes are included in this demographic data: 60442.