Please provide a location to search for

Storage units in Union City, NJ, and nearby areas

210 available units | 1 facility

See Local Prices by Unit Size

Check out storage units in nearby cities:

Check out storage units in popular cities:

Browse storage units in all New Jersey cities.

What types of storage can you find in Union City, NJ?

Self storage offers a wide range of services to residents of Union City, whether they need a small, climate-controlled unit to keep some valuables, or, on the contrary, a unit big enough for a large recreational vehicle. Check out the main types of self storage you can find, and rent, in Union City:

Union City, NJ, facilities offer non-climate-controlled self storage

Non-climate-controlled units are among the most common type of units and Union City is no exception. People typically store things such as plastic lawn furniture, kitchen items and gardening tools in this kind of unit. Many of them can be accessed by driving up to them. Some facilities also offer indoor units that require entering the facility building to access them. Smaller units, such as lockers, are also offered by storage facilities, providing storage for smaller objects.

Rent for a non-climate-controlled storage unit is about $218/month in Union City.

Why you should rent a self storage unit in Union City, NJ:

If you live in Union City, here are some cases when self storage can make your life easier:

Self storage in Union City, NJ, makes moving easier

Union City is a dynamic, vibrant city, with about 67,903 residents, and there are more coming in. Around 5,365 people moved to Union City in 2021 alone, in order to make the most of the city's many opportunities, from employment to education and entertainment.

Compared to 10 years ago, Union City's population grew 1.89%.

Here's how the population of Union City changed over the last 10 years:

Numbers are total population figures in Union City, NJ, as per the U.S. Census.

However, moving to Union City, or even a local move within Union City, can be complicated – self storage helps with the logistics.

Rent a self storage unit close to your new home and use it to store your belongings, as you pack them, to reduce the volume of items to transport on moving day. You can keep your belongings in storage if you have small repairs and cleaning to do at your new home, until everything is done.

The Union City, NJ, housing market is assisted by the local self storage sector

Keeping a home neat and tidy can be a difficult endeavor for many people in Union City, depending on factors such as the size of their living space, the size of the family and their spending habits.

About 19% of Union City's residents are homeowners and the rest (81%) are renters. The number of bedrooms most commonly found in a Union City home is 2.

Whether you're a renter in a small apartment or living in a spacious house with your big family, storage space at home might not be enough. A self storage unit can keep items you're not using on daily basis, such as extra clothing and furniture, tools, baby items, sports equipment and more.

Self storage for college students in Union City, NJ

Union City has a long academic tradition, hosting thousands of students throughout the school year. There is 1 college and university in Union City. Their students most likely need a place to temporarily store their belongings, especially during holidays when most go back home. Fortunately, there are several self storage facilities in Union City located near the campuses, where students can keep their belongings safely over summer or other school breaks.

Frequently Asked Questions

Find the Ideal Storage Unit Near You at the Best Price by Browsing the Largest Selection of Listings Online on StorageCafe!

Are you looking to declutter your home and free up living space? You can now browse storage units near you that suit both your needs and your budget. StorageCafe listings include units of different sizes and prices and have a wide array of available amenities, so you don’t have to worry about your personal belongings. Here, you can easily look up storage facilities in your neighborhood or your ZIP code. Ideally, for easy access, you should try to find a unit within a 3-to-5-mile radius of your home. StorageCafe also makes it easy for you to explore storage listings in other cities, if you’re thinking about relocating, for example. Your perfect storage unit in Union City, NJ is now only a few clicks away!

The demographic data is from proprietary websites, Yardi Matrix and the 2021 American Community Survey (the latest U.S. Census Bureau release). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or completeness of information used for specific neighborhoods and/or ZIP Codes.

The following ZIP Codes are included in this demographic data: 07087.